Nigerian murder case: Second accused arrested by Goa police
Panaji: Goa Police has arrested the second accused in connection with the murder of a Nigerian national, which had sparked protests by his fellow countrymen, who had created ruckus and blocked a national highway.
Superintendent of Police (North) Priyanka Kashyap confirmed that accused Praveen Manohar Mandrekar was arrested last evening from Assagao village for murdering Obodo Uzoma Simeon, a Nigerian national on October 30.
This is the second arrest in this case, as another accused Surendra Pol was arrested on Wednesday.
Kashyap said that Mandrekar was a gang leader of a group of eight people, who brutally killed the Nigerian.
Police officials confirmed that the post-mortem report has revealed that the deceased had 25 stab injuries.
Protesting the murder in Mapusa, a group of 200 nationals from the African country had blocked a major highway in Goa and clashed with the police and locals. 52 Nigerians were arrested for creating ruckus.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nawaz Sharif's dream of making Kashmir a terror hell will never come true, says Sushma Swaraj
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley