Nigerian murder case: Second accused arrested by Goa police
Panaji: Goa Police has arrested the second accused in connection with the murder of a Nigerian national, which had sparked protests by his fellow countrymen, who had created ruckus and blocked a national highway.
Superintendent of Police (North) Priyanka Kashyap confirmed that accused Praveen Manohar Mandrekar was arrested last evening from Assagao village for murdering Obodo Uzoma Simeon, a Nigerian national on October 30.
This is the second arrest in this case, as another accused Surendra Pol was arrested on Wednesday.
Kashyap said that Mandrekar was a gang leader of a group of eight people, who brutally killed the Nigerian.
Police officials confirmed that the post-mortem report has revealed that the deceased had 25 stab injuries.
Protesting the murder in Mapusa, a group of 200 nationals from the African country had blocked a major highway in Goa and clashed with the police and locals. 52 Nigerians were arrested for creating ruckus.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Beware! Fake currency notes floating in market this Diwali
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon