Nigerian murder case: Second accused arrested by Goa police
Panaji: Goa Police has arrested the second accused in connection with the murder of a Nigerian national, which had sparked protests by his fellow countrymen, who had created ruckus and blocked a national highway.
Superintendent of Police (North) Priyanka Kashyap confirmed that accused Praveen Manohar Mandrekar was arrested last evening from Assagao village for murdering Obodo Uzoma Simeon, a Nigerian national on October 30.
This is the second arrest in this case, as another accused Surendra Pol was arrested on Wednesday.
Kashyap said that Mandrekar was a gang leader of a group of eight people, who brutally killed the Nigerian.
Police officials confirmed that the post-mortem report has revealed that the deceased had 25 stab injuries.
Protesting the murder in Mapusa, a group of 200 nationals from the African country had blocked a major highway in Goa and clashed with the police and locals. 52 Nigerians were arrested for creating ruckus.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Work on 'Padmavati' sets in full swing, shoot begins in September
- Japan, China, South Korea agree to urge North Korea to stop provocation
- Venus-Jupiter conjunction on August 27: Viewing tips! (Watch)
- Staying at budget hotels in Delhi to soon become cheaper
- Sonakshi Sinha looks dayum fresh after 'Akira' promotions! Picture proof