Nigerian murder case: Second accused arrested by Goa police
Panaji: Goa Police has arrested the second accused in connection with the murder of a Nigerian national, which had sparked protests by his fellow countrymen, who had created ruckus and blocked a national highway.
Superintendent of Police (North) Priyanka Kashyap confirmed that accused Praveen Manohar Mandrekar was arrested last evening from Assagao village for murdering Obodo Uzoma Simeon, a Nigerian national on October 30.
This is the second arrest in this case, as another accused Surendra Pol was arrested on Wednesday.
Kashyap said that Mandrekar was a gang leader of a group of eight people, who brutally killed the Nigerian.
Police officials confirmed that the post-mortem report has revealed that the deceased had 25 stab injuries.
Protesting the murder in Mapusa, a group of 200 nationals from the African country had blocked a major highway in Goa and clashed with the police and locals. 52 Nigerians were arrested for creating ruckus.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre