Nine Goa MLAs fail to submit assets details to Lokayukta
Panaji: Nine members of Goa Legislative Assembly -- five from BJP, three from Congress and another from a local party -- failed to furnish information of their assets to state Lokayukta on Thursday, the last day for filing the returns.
Submitting the return is mandatory under the Goa Lokayukta Act.
An official in the Lokayukta office said 31 out of the 40 MLAs had filed the returns, including Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar, all the ministers barring one, and Leader of Opposition Pratapsingh Rane (Congress).
Sports Minister Ramesh Tawadkar (BJP) failed to submit his return. Four other BJP MLAs too haven`t yet filed the same: Vishnu Wagh, Pramod Sawant, Carlose Almeida and Anant Shet.
From Congress, Atanasio Monserratte, Jeniffer Monserratte and Chandrakant Kavlekar have not submitted their financial details. So as Maharashtrawadi Gomantak Party legislator Lavu Mamlatdar, who has sought three weeks` time.
The Lokayukta had also asked the chairpersons and managing directors of various state-run or state-funded bodies and elected representatives at the district and village level to submit the details of personal assets.
But only four functionaries, a zilla panchayat member and all the elected members of Veling-Priol panchayat have filed the returns.
The official said list of defaulters would be submitted to the competent authorities. In the case of legislators, the list would be submitted to the Chief Minister.
If the defaulters still fail to submit their returns, the list would be forwarded to the Governor for further action.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- TERI panel finds RK Pachauri guilty in sexual harassment case
- Rajasthan: High Court raps Chief Secy, DGP for failing to end Gujjar agitation
- Erstwhile Mysuru kingdom gets new king
- Priyanka, Ranveer talk about their film 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi
- Meet 92-year-old Phyllis Sues who dances toTango
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Pakistan break Team India's long-standing ODI record at home soil
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi, triggers tie-up speculation
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29
- Gujarat Board Results 2015: Gujarat Board HSC class 12th science results to be declared today at 9 AM on gseb.org
- CBSE (cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in) Class 10th (X Board) Result 2015 declared
- Watch: Dance guru Prabhudheva's mind-blowing act in 'Happy Hour' from 'ABCD2'!
- CBSE Board Results 2015: Class 10 Results to be declared on May 28 on cbse.nic.in