Nine Goa MLAs fail to submit assets details to Lokayukta
Panaji: Nine members of Goa Legislative Assembly -- five from BJP, three from Congress and another from a local party -- failed to furnish information of their assets to state Lokayukta on Thursday, the last day for filing the returns.
Submitting the return is mandatory under the Goa Lokayukta Act.
An official in the Lokayukta office said 31 out of the 40 MLAs had filed the returns, including Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar, all the ministers barring one, and Leader of Opposition Pratapsingh Rane (Congress).
Sports Minister Ramesh Tawadkar (BJP) failed to submit his return. Four other BJP MLAs too haven`t yet filed the same: Vishnu Wagh, Pramod Sawant, Carlose Almeida and Anant Shet.
From Congress, Atanasio Monserratte, Jeniffer Monserratte and Chandrakant Kavlekar have not submitted their financial details. So as Maharashtrawadi Gomantak Party legislator Lavu Mamlatdar, who has sought three weeks` time.
The Lokayukta had also asked the chairpersons and managing directors of various state-run or state-funded bodies and elected representatives at the district and village level to submit the details of personal assets.
But only four functionaries, a zilla panchayat member and all the elected members of Veling-Priol panchayat have filed the returns.
The official said list of defaulters would be submitted to the competent authorities. In the case of legislators, the list would be submitted to the Chief Minister.
If the defaulters still fail to submit their returns, the list would be forwarded to the Governor for further action.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan?
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan? - Part II
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan? - Part III
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan? - Part IV
- Exclusive: Home Minister Rajnath Singh in conversation with Sudhir Chaudhary
- 2nd Test, Day 3: Sri Lanka's Angelo Mathews leads from front to frustrate England
- Union minister Rajyavardhan Rathore's son bags gold at 8th International Junior Shotgun Cup
- Attacks racist but have belief in Indian govt: African envoy
- Woman delivers in Delhi Police PCR van, both mother and child safe
- IPL 2016 Final: SunRisers Hyderabad defeat Royal Challengers Bangalore by 8 runs to win maiden title