Say no to drugs by not voting for Congress in North Goa: BJP
Panaji: The Goa BJP unit has said it would remind people that the best way to say no to drugs is by not voting for rival candidate, who had been indicted in a state Assembly Committee report for alleged links with the drug syndicate in the state.
"Voting for Congress candidate Ravi Naik means saying yes to drugs. So, it is right time for the people to say no to drugs," BJP Goa spokesman Dr Wilfred Mesquita told a news agency.
Naik, who is contesting on Congress ticket for the North Goa Lok Sabha seat, was last year indicted in a state Assembly Committee report along with his son Roy, for their alleged links with the drug syndicate in Goa.
Mesquita said the BJP has nominated `clean` candidates on both the Lok Sabha seats from the state.
The North district, a hub for tourism spots like Calangute, Anjuna, Morjim, has witnessed drug menace.
The CBI had summoned Roy Naik for probe last year.
Goa Congress unit chief John Fernandes had earlier this week said that the allegations of drug nexus were discussed with the party`s central election committee and it had given a clean chit to Naik.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman