BJP MLA turns actor to highlight social issues
Vadodara: Politician-turned-actor Madhu Srivastav has tried to highlight the plight of farmers whose land is illegally grabbed by mafia, through his Gujarati film `Thakorna Kol Jagma Anmol`.
"I decided to launch this movie to highlight social issues and help farmers in getting their lands illegally grabbed by the mafias and anti social elements," Srivastav told PTI here.
The BJP MLA is playing the role of a social worker in film, set to hit the cinema screens across Gujarat on March 14.
"You have seen many actors who become politicians, including Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa, and late Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh N T Rama Rao. But here is the case of a neta becoming abhineta," he said.
The movie is produced by his son Dipak Srivastav, a BJP corporator in the Vadodara Municipal Corporation, and another family member Atul Srivastav.
The shooting for the film took place on the banks of Narmada river at Chandod town, about 60 kms from Vadodara, Rajpipla, Halol, Pavagadh and other places, including Madhu`s Waghodiya Assembly constituency.
The premier of the movie will be held at a city theatre on March 13.
Madhu Srivastav had some years back hit headlines when he was caught on camera in a sting operation confessing he had paid money to Best Bakery riot case prime witness Zaheera Sheikh to turn hostile.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP slams UP government over firing on ex-justice's car
- PM Modi pays tribute to V D Savarkar on birth anniversary
- Star cast of Jimmy Sheirgill's 'Shorgul' out in this brand new poster! – View pic
- Caught on camera: Gram Panchayat president attempting to rape woman in Mandya
- Mega event today to mark 2 years of BJP govt; Amitabh to host small segment on girl child campaign