BMW hit-and-run: Owner held, one more succumbs
Ahmedabad: A second person has died in the BMW hit-and-run case in Ahmedabad, even as the owner of the car was arrested on Wednesday by the police.
The man succumbed to his injuries in a hospital, where he was admitted on Sunday night after the black BMW hit the motorcycle at a speed of about 150 kms per hour.
Rahul Patel, 22, was injured in the accident which was caught by CCTV cameras installed at a shopping complex nearby.
Patel was returning home after having dinner with his friends. The pillion rider, Shivam Dave, had succumbed on Sunday night itself. Both were flung in the air when the BMW hit their bike in the Judges Bungalow area.
The owner of the car, Vismay Shah, was arrested this morning. He is the son of a famous eye surgeon, Amit Shah.
A TV news channel reported that Vismay Shah has confessed that he was at the wheels when the accident took place. So far, the Shahs had claimed that their driver was driving the car, and had been absconding since the accident.
Investigators said that the car screeched to a halt after dragging the bike for about 35 metres before ramming into a tree, adding that a youth came out of the car, apologised and got into a car driven by a girl and fled from the spot. The car, which carried Chandigarh registration number, is owned by a doctor in Chandigarh, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter