BMW hit-and-run: Owner held, one more succumbs
Ahmedabad: A second person has died in the BMW hit-and-run case in Ahmedabad, even as the owner of the car was arrested on Wednesday by the police.
The man succumbed to his injuries in a hospital, where he was admitted on Sunday night after the black BMW hit the motorcycle at a speed of about 150 kms per hour.
Rahul Patel, 22, was injured in the accident which was caught by CCTV cameras installed at a shopping complex nearby.
Patel was returning home after having dinner with his friends. The pillion rider, Shivam Dave, had succumbed on Sunday night itself. Both were flung in the air when the BMW hit their bike in the Judges Bungalow area.
The owner of the car, Vismay Shah, was arrested this morning. He is the son of a famous eye surgeon, Amit Shah.
A TV news channel reported that Vismay Shah has confessed that he was at the wheels when the accident took place. So far, the Shahs had claimed that their driver was driving the car, and had been absconding since the accident.
Investigators said that the car screeched to a halt after dragging the bike for about 35 metres before ramming into a tree, adding that a youth came out of the car, apologised and got into a car driven by a girl and fled from the spot. The car, which carried Chandigarh registration number, is owned by a doctor in Chandigarh, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam