Bribery case: Govt to decide on action against minister
Ahmedabad: The state government on Thursday assured
the Gujarat High Court that it would decide in two months on
an application seeking action against Fisheries and Port
Minister Purshottam Solanki for alleged corruption in awarding
Justice A S Dave hearing the petition of one Ishaq
Maradia recorded the statement of additional advocate general
Tushar Mehta and disposed of the petition.
Mehta told the court that the chief secretary would take
decision on Maradia`s application within two months and decide
whether any action needs to be taken against Solanki under the
Prevention of Corruption Act.
Maradia had filed the petition in January seeking
directions from the court for the government to take action
against Solanki for allegedly taking huge bribes in awarding
fishing contracts which has led to Rs 600 crore loss to the
He had approached the High Court after the government
did not respond to his application in December 2009 to the
Chief Secretary requesting CBI inquiry against Solanki.
Maradia had contended that government was not discharging
its statutory duty by denying permission for action against
Solanki under the Prevention of Corruption Act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?