Bribery case: Govt to decide on action against minister
Ahmedabad: The state government on Thursday assured
the Gujarat High Court that it would decide in two months on
an application seeking action against Fisheries and Port
Minister Purshottam Solanki for alleged corruption in awarding
Justice A S Dave hearing the petition of one Ishaq
Maradia recorded the statement of additional advocate general
Tushar Mehta and disposed of the petition.
Mehta told the court that the chief secretary would take
decision on Maradia`s application within two months and decide
whether any action needs to be taken against Solanki under the
Prevention of Corruption Act.
Maradia had filed the petition in January seeking
directions from the court for the government to take action
against Solanki for allegedly taking huge bribes in awarding
fishing contracts which has led to Rs 600 crore loss to the
He had approached the High Court after the government
did not respond to his application in December 2009 to the
Chief Secretary requesting CBI inquiry against Solanki.
Maradia had contended that government was not discharging
its statutory duty by denying permission for action against
Solanki under the Prevention of Corruption Act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- Twitter war over IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani challenges Rahul Gandhi to debate over any issue, anywhere