BSP to contest all 182 Assembly seats in Gujarat
Ahmedabad: Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) on Friday said it will put up candidates in all the 182 constituencies in Gujarat for the Assembly polls.
"Our leader Mayawati has decided that the party will contest from all the seats in Gujarat on its own and will not to have seat adjustments with any political party," Member of Legislative Council (UP) Dharmaprakash Bhartiya told reporters here.
The party also declared the first list of 50 candidates.
In the 2007 Assembly polls, BSP had fielded candidates in 166 seats and secured 2.62 per cent of the total votes.
On the party`s prospects, he claimed, "We might not form our government but we will definitely be the king maker in the state.
"We are very clear in our strategy and no political party in the state has yet dared to select their candidates, which shows that they are mired in serious power struggles," he said.
Accusing Chief Minister Narendra Modi of adopting `double standards` on the issue of corruption, he said, "Modi is attacking the UPA government on the corruption issue but here one of his ministers has been allegedly involved in a multi-crore scam."
"Modi should resign on moral grounds," he demanded.
He said that BSP chief Mayawati will soon visit Gujarat for campaigning.
"Our leader Mayawati will definitely come, if needed than more than once to the state," he said.
In the 2007 polls, BJP and Congress had cornered 49.12 per cent and 39.63 per cent of the votes respectively, whereas BSP came in the third place with a share of 2.62 per cent of votes.
Assembly Elections in the state are scheduled to be held on December 13 and 17 and counting of votes will be held on December 20.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- Kejriwal accuses Centre of trying to rule Delhi through LG
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Expect that Rahul will be Congress president in 2015: Jairam Ramesh
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- IPL 2015: Rajasthan Royals vs Royal Challengers Bangalore - As it happened...
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'