Cache of gelatin sticks, detonators seized in Gujarat
Rajkot: A huge cache of explosives, comprising 243 detonators and 183 gelatin sticks, was seized by the Special Operation Group (SOG) from a farm labourer in Dhoraji town in the district today, police said.
The SOG sleuths arrested Naran Chauhan, who hails from Rajasthan, in this regard, they said.
Police said the SOG team raided the farm owned by one Ajay Patel on a tip-off and recovered 183 gelatin sticks and 243 detonators from Chauhan who is working as a labourer there.
According to sources, Chauhan told police that he had procured the cache from one Vinu Patel from Junagadh.
Police have booked Chauhan and Vinu, who is yet to be arrested, under Explosives Act and investigating further.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users