Cache of gelatin sticks, detonators seized in Gujarat
Rajkot: A huge cache of explosives, comprising 243 detonators and 183 gelatin sticks, was seized by the Special Operation Group (SOG) from a farm labourer in Dhoraji town in the district today, police said.
The SOG sleuths arrested Naran Chauhan, who hails from Rajasthan, in this regard, they said.
Police said the SOG team raided the farm owned by one Ajay Patel on a tip-off and recovered 183 gelatin sticks and 243 detonators from Chauhan who is working as a labourer there.
According to sources, Chauhan told police that he had procured the cache from one Vinu Patel from Junagadh.
Police have booked Chauhan and Vinu, who is yet to be arrested, under Explosives Act and investigating further.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!