Cache of gelatin sticks, detonators seized in Gujarat
Rajkot: A huge cache of explosives, comprising 243 detonators and 183 gelatin sticks, was seized by the Special Operation Group (SOG) from a farm labourer in Dhoraji town in the district today, police said.
The SOG sleuths arrested Naran Chauhan, who hails from Rajasthan, in this regard, they said.
Police said the SOG team raided the farm owned by one Ajay Patel on a tip-off and recovered 183 gelatin sticks and 243 detonators from Chauhan who is working as a labourer there.
According to sources, Chauhan told police that he had procured the cache from one Vinu Patel from Junagadh.
Police have booked Chauhan and Vinu, who is yet to be arrested, under Explosives Act and investigating further.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- BSF cancels beating the retreat ceremony at Wagah post surgical strikes
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’