CBI seizes computers from CID office
Ahmedabad: The CBI has taken into custody some computers from the office of the state CID in Gandhinagar saying it contained crucial data pertaining to the 2006 Tulsi Prajapati fake encounter case.
The computers, seized by CBI on Wednesday, were used by IPS officer, Geeta Johri, who was then probing the case and by her personal assistant, CBI sources said.
The apex investigating agency has also taken into its custody a compact disk (CD) which allegedly contained call details and other crucial information regarding the case.
CID chief P P Pande also confirmed that the central agency has taken custody of `some` computers from their office in Gandhinagar.
Following the Supreme Court orders, the CBI had on April 29 registered an FIR into the encounter of Prajapati, a key witness to the 2005 killing of Sohrabuddin Sheikh and his wife Kausarbi by police, and initiated a probe in the case.
Prajapati, a close aide of Sohrabuddin, an alleged gangster, was killed in an encounter near Chapri village in Banaskantha district on December 28, 2006.
The fake encounter case was being probed earlier by the state CID which had registered an FIR last year in Ambaji police station. Seven policemen, including IPS officer Vipul Agarwal, were arrested in the case.
Three suspended IPS officers, D G Vanzara, Rajkumar Pandiyan and Dinesh M N, who are accused in the Sohrabuddin encounter case, were also shown as accused in the Prajapati case by the CID.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nawaz Sharif's dream of making Kashmir a terror hell will never come true, says Sushma Swaraj
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- Two Maoists gunned down by security forces in Chhattisgarh
- 1 die, 3 injured as fire breaks out in highrise
- Tour de France 2016: Chris Froome on brink of 3rd title as Ion Izaguirre wins penultimate stage
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar monitors search operations but no sign of missing IAF plane
- President Mukherjee, PM Modi condemns suicide attack in Kabul