Cong spreading lies against Guj govt: Modi
Ahmedabad: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi on Monday said Congress was "spreading lies" against his government and asked BJP workers to counter the Opposition party`s claims.
"Opposition Congress is spreading lies against this government and BJP workers need to counter them by explaining the real position to the people of the state," he told party workers in Gandhinagar.
A meeting of BJP workers was organised in Gandhinagar to form a strategy for the upcoming state assembly polls.
"For the last 10 years, the Opposition has been spreading lies against this government, but they have not succeeded," Modi said.
"The Congress is living on statements issued in media, but our real strength is faith that the people have put in us by voting us to power again and again," a statement quoted him as saying.
"This election has to be taken as a challenge by every party worker and team BJP will win it with flying colours. This party runs on the power of its workers," he claimed.
Other state BJP leaders like state unit president R C Faldu and national general secretary Purshottam Rupala also addressed the meet.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing