Cong spreading lies against Guj govt: Modi
Ahmedabad: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi on Monday said Congress was "spreading lies" against his government and asked BJP workers to counter the Opposition party`s claims.
"Opposition Congress is spreading lies against this government and BJP workers need to counter them by explaining the real position to the people of the state," he told party workers in Gandhinagar.
A meeting of BJP workers was organised in Gandhinagar to form a strategy for the upcoming state assembly polls.
"For the last 10 years, the Opposition has been spreading lies against this government, but they have not succeeded," Modi said.
"The Congress is living on statements issued in media, but our real strength is faith that the people have put in us by voting us to power again and again," a statement quoted him as saying.
"This election has to be taken as a challenge by every party worker and team BJP will win it with flying colours. This party runs on the power of its workers," he claimed.
Other state BJP leaders like state unit president R C Faldu and national general secretary Purshottam Rupala also addressed the meet.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report