Doctors` strike: Six junior medics suspended
Ahmedabad: Taking a tough stand against
junior resident doctors at the Civil Hospital here who have
been on strike demanding increased security, authorities on Sunday suspended six medics, including the president of Junior
The suspended doctors also include president Hiren Patel,
vice-presidents Raghuraj Rathod and Vikram Ojha.
Following the suspension, the striking doctors have
threatened to intensify the stir.
"Over 650 doctors are on strike. The resident doctors of
hospitals in Bhavanagar and Vadodara district have extended
support to the agitation and also boycotted work," Patel said,
adding the strike would continue until the demands are met.
The doctors have demanded enhanced security from the
government saying it should bring in a law to make assault on
medics a non-bailable offence like in other states.
They went on strike after a junior doctor on duty was
allegedly beaten by relatives of a patient, Shehnaz Mansuri
(32), who died in ICU.
In the wake of strike, the hospital administration has
made alternative arrangements to offer essential services. The
hospital is one of the biggest in the state and caters to over
1500 patients daily.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie