Faldu unanimously elected as Gujarat BJP president
Ahmedabad: Three-time MLA and chief whip of
the BJP in Gujarat, R C Faldu was on Monday unanimously elected as
the president of the state unit.
Faldu was the only candidate who had filled the form to
be the party head of state unit yesterday. He was declared as
the unanimous president today in a state executive meeting
presided over by senior party leader Gopinath Munde.
Chief Minister Narendra Modi had proposed Faldu`s
candidature which was supported by the entire district and
block level presidents and state executive members.
Munde said Faldu is a hardworking party worker, who comes
from grass-root level.
Faldu is a three-time MLA from Kalawad constituency in
Jamnagar district in Saurashtra region and belongs to Leuva
Patel community, which is a numerically significant community
Faldu also has backing of RSS as he was earlier
associated with its activities in the state.
BJP is the party of common workers and his elevation
suggests that a common worker like him can rise to become the
state party head, Faldu said.
"I am always common worker of BJP. Now, as state party
head, I will work as a common worker to strengthen the
organisational base of the party in the state," Faldu said.
According to the new Gujarat BJP president, his immediate
challenge is forthcoming elections of local bodies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air