Faldu unanimously elected as Gujarat BJP president
Ahmedabad: Three-time MLA and chief whip of
the BJP in Gujarat, R C Faldu was on Monday unanimously elected as
the president of the state unit.
Faldu was the only candidate who had filled the form to
be the party head of state unit yesterday. He was declared as
the unanimous president today in a state executive meeting
presided over by senior party leader Gopinath Munde.
Chief Minister Narendra Modi had proposed Faldu`s
candidature which was supported by the entire district and
block level presidents and state executive members.
Munde said Faldu is a hardworking party worker, who comes
from grass-root level.
Faldu is a three-time MLA from Kalawad constituency in
Jamnagar district in Saurashtra region and belongs to Leuva
Patel community, which is a numerically significant community
Faldu also has backing of RSS as he was earlier
associated with its activities in the state.
BJP is the party of common workers and his elevation
suggests that a common worker like him can rise to become the
state party head, Faldu said.
"I am always common worker of BJP. Now, as state party
head, I will work as a common worker to strengthen the
organisational base of the party in the state," Faldu said.
According to the new Gujarat BJP president, his immediate
challenge is forthcoming elections of local bodies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore