Faldu unanimously elected as Gujarat BJP president
Ahmedabad: Three-time MLA and chief whip of
the BJP in Gujarat, R C Faldu was on Monday unanimously elected as
the president of the state unit.
Faldu was the only candidate who had filled the form to
be the party head of state unit yesterday. He was declared as
the unanimous president today in a state executive meeting
presided over by senior party leader Gopinath Munde.
Chief Minister Narendra Modi had proposed Faldu`s
candidature which was supported by the entire district and
block level presidents and state executive members.
Munde said Faldu is a hardworking party worker, who comes
from grass-root level.
Faldu is a three-time MLA from Kalawad constituency in
Jamnagar district in Saurashtra region and belongs to Leuva
Patel community, which is a numerically significant community
Faldu also has backing of RSS as he was earlier
associated with its activities in the state.
BJP is the party of common workers and his elevation
suggests that a common worker like him can rise to become the
state party head, Faldu said.
"I am always common worker of BJP. Now, as state party
head, I will work as a common worker to strengthen the
organisational base of the party in the state," Faldu said.
According to the new Gujarat BJP president, his immediate
challenge is forthcoming elections of local bodies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test launches first ever indigenous space shuttle
- PM Modi to meet top Iranian leaders today
- Pakistan denounces US drone strike on Taliban chief Mullah Mansoor
- BJP's Roopa Ganguly attacked by Trinamool workers near Kolkata
- PM Modi in Tehran: India, Iran sign historic pact on Chabahar port
- Mann ki Baat: PM Modi calls for country to move towards 'cashless society'
- 4th round of global NCAP crash tests on Indian cars soon
- Mann Ki Baat: PM pitches for saving 'every drop' of water during Monsoon
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi praises Sonowal for performing his duty despite polls
- Nearly two lakh students appear for JEE (Advanced) exam