Four held in BJP worker murder case
Vadodara: Four persons were arrested from Dhule district in neighbouring Maharashtra in connection with the murder of BJP worker Kishor Gondhali, police said.
The four accused -- Kalpesh Raval, Kanaiya Rajput, Biken Patil and Suraj -- were hiding in the residence of one of them at a village in Dhule district, but were traced and brought to the city on Sunday, city Police Commissioner Satish Sharma said here.
"All the four had come to the city in a hired van to kill Gondhali and shot him dead on Wednesday. However, their van developed a technical snag while going back and they deserted it near Halol town," Sharma said.
The arrested persons had purchased two pistols from Madhya Pradesh for the crime, police said, adding that there was a dispute between Raval and Gondhali over a plot of land, on which the latter had constructed a house, Sharma said.
Congress worker from Kishanwadi area Kanku Machhi and her two sons had also been questioned in this connection by the police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!