Four held in BJP worker murder case
Vadodara: Four persons were arrested from Dhule district in neighbouring Maharashtra in connection with the murder of BJP worker Kishor Gondhali, police said.
The four accused -- Kalpesh Raval, Kanaiya Rajput, Biken Patil and Suraj -- were hiding in the residence of one of them at a village in Dhule district, but were traced and brought to the city on Sunday, city Police Commissioner Satish Sharma said here.
"All the four had come to the city in a hired van to kill Gondhali and shot him dead on Wednesday. However, their van developed a technical snag while going back and they deserted it near Halol town," Sharma said.
The arrested persons had purchased two pistols from Madhya Pradesh for the crime, police said, adding that there was a dispute between Raval and Gondhali over a plot of land, on which the latter had constructed a house, Sharma said.
Congress worker from Kishanwadi area Kanku Machhi and her two sons had also been questioned in this connection by the police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends