Gandhi`s ideals offer solutions to global warming: Modi
Porbandar (Guj): Ideals of Mahatma Gandhi offer solution to overcome various universal issues including global warming, Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi said on the occasion of the 143rd birth anniversary of Father of the Nation at his birth place here.
"If we try to understand ideals of Gandhiji, we shall find that they show path to overcome problems like global warming faced by the world," Modi said after paying tributes to Mahatma at his birth place Kirti Mandir.
It was a matter of great pride for the state that a person like Mahatma Gandhi was born in Gujarat. It was not only an individual, but an era that took birth on this soil, he said.
Modi appealed to people to follow Gandhi`s ideals on cleanliness and simplicity. "The nation is lagging far behind on international parameters on social hygiene and we could do a lot more on this front," he added.
Modi said had the path shown by Gandhi been followed then it would not have been required to launch `clean Ganga` drives.
He also asked people to embrace Khadi and promote it in a big way. "If Khadi sales go up then the proverbial lamp of joy and prosperity would be lit in lives of Daridra Narayan (poor)," Modi said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?