Gandhi`s ideals offer solutions to global warming: Modi
Porbandar (Guj): Ideals of Mahatma Gandhi offer solution to overcome various universal issues including global warming, Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi said on the occasion of the 143rd birth anniversary of Father of the Nation at his birth place here.
"If we try to understand ideals of Gandhiji, we shall find that they show path to overcome problems like global warming faced by the world," Modi said after paying tributes to Mahatma at his birth place Kirti Mandir.
It was a matter of great pride for the state that a person like Mahatma Gandhi was born in Gujarat. It was not only an individual, but an era that took birth on this soil, he said.
Modi appealed to people to follow Gandhi`s ideals on cleanliness and simplicity. "The nation is lagging far behind on international parameters on social hygiene and we could do a lot more on this front," he added.
Modi said had the path shown by Gandhi been followed then it would not have been required to launch `clean Ganga` drives.
He also asked people to embrace Khadi and promote it in a big way. "If Khadi sales go up then the proverbial lamp of joy and prosperity would be lit in lives of Daridra Narayan (poor)," Modi said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India