Guj BJP to campaign against sub-quota for minorities
Ahmedabad: The BJP state executive, which met
on Sunday, passed a resolution against the 4.5 percent
sub-quota for the minority community within the 27 percent
OBC reservation, and said it would launch a campaign against
"At the meeting a resolution was passed against the
sub-quota, which was announced by the Centre recently," party
spokesperson Jagdish Bhavsar said.
"We will start a state-wide campaign against the Centre`s
decision from February 1," he added.
The state executive also praised Gujarat chief minister
Narendra Modi for launching `Sadbhavana Mission` in the state.
Modi and BJP national general secretary V Satish were also
present at the meeting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets