Guj BJP to campaign against sub-quota for minorities
Ahmedabad: The BJP state executive, which met
on Sunday, passed a resolution against the 4.5 percent
sub-quota for the minority community within the 27 percent
OBC reservation, and said it would launch a campaign against
"At the meeting a resolution was passed against the
sub-quota, which was announced by the Centre recently," party
spokesperson Jagdish Bhavsar said.
"We will start a state-wide campaign against the Centre`s
decision from February 1," he added.
The state executive also praised Gujarat chief minister
Narendra Modi for launching `Sadbhavana Mission` in the state.
Modi and BJP national general secretary V Satish were also
present at the meeting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29