Guj Cong chief might be questioned in Pant case
Ahmedabad: Gujarat`s Director General of
Police, Chittaranjan Singh on Monday said that if needed, the
state Congress president would be questioned in connection
with the complaint lodged by constable K D Pant.
IPS officer Sanjiv Bhatt has been arrested in the same
"The name of Congress state president, Arjun Modhvadia,
figures in the FIR lodged by Pant, he might be asked a few
questions," Singh said today.
"He (Modhvadia) has been accused by Pant of using
influence," the DGP added.
Bhatt was arrested on September 30. K D Pant`s FIR
alleges that Bhatt threatened him and made him sign false
affidavits with regard to the meeting called by Chief Minister
Narendra Modi on February 27, 2002, hours after Godhra train
Pant`s complaint says that after threatening him, Bhatt
took him to Modhwadia`s residence. Modhvadia allegedly assured
Pant that there was no need to worry and he should do what
Bhatt was asking to do.
"We have to go to the court...so the investigation has to
be proper," Singh further said.
However, reacting, Modhvadia said, "If Gujarat Chief
Minister`s police tried to frame me in a false case, I would
teach Modi what is the law.
"Modi is dreaming of putting me in jail but he won`t
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?