Guj Cong chief might be questioned in Pant case
Ahmedabad: Gujarat`s Director General of
Police, Chittaranjan Singh on Monday said that if needed, the
state Congress president would be questioned in connection
with the complaint lodged by constable K D Pant.
IPS officer Sanjiv Bhatt has been arrested in the same
"The name of Congress state president, Arjun Modhvadia,
figures in the FIR lodged by Pant, he might be asked a few
questions," Singh said today.
"He (Modhvadia) has been accused by Pant of using
influence," the DGP added.
Bhatt was arrested on September 30. K D Pant`s FIR
alleges that Bhatt threatened him and made him sign false
affidavits with regard to the meeting called by Chief Minister
Narendra Modi on February 27, 2002, hours after Godhra train
Pant`s complaint says that after threatening him, Bhatt
took him to Modhwadia`s residence. Modhvadia allegedly assured
Pant that there was no need to worry and he should do what
Bhatt was asking to do.
"We have to go to the court...so the investigation has to
be proper," Singh further said.
However, reacting, Modhvadia said, "If Gujarat Chief
Minister`s police tried to frame me in a false case, I would
teach Modi what is the law.
"Modi is dreaming of putting me in jail but he won`t
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- UK warns of Brexit `shadow` on world economy
- 1st Test: Virat Kohli, R Ashwin shine as India thrash West Indies by innings and 92 runs
- Teenage friend of Munich gunman arrested: police
- 11 injured in blast in German city of Ansbach; suspected bomber killed in explosion
- Scoreboard: India vs West Indies, First Test