Guj Cong chief might be questioned in Pant case
Ahmedabad: Gujarat`s Director General of
Police, Chittaranjan Singh on Monday said that if needed, the
state Congress president would be questioned in connection
with the complaint lodged by constable K D Pant.
IPS officer Sanjiv Bhatt has been arrested in the same
"The name of Congress state president, Arjun Modhvadia,
figures in the FIR lodged by Pant, he might be asked a few
questions," Singh said today.
"He (Modhvadia) has been accused by Pant of using
influence," the DGP added.
Bhatt was arrested on September 30. K D Pant`s FIR
alleges that Bhatt threatened him and made him sign false
affidavits with regard to the meeting called by Chief Minister
Narendra Modi on February 27, 2002, hours after Godhra train
Pant`s complaint says that after threatening him, Bhatt
took him to Modhwadia`s residence. Modhvadia allegedly assured
Pant that there was no need to worry and he should do what
Bhatt was asking to do.
"We have to go to the court...so the investigation has to
be proper," Singh further said.
However, reacting, Modhvadia said, "If Gujarat Chief
Minister`s police tried to frame me in a false case, I would
teach Modi what is the law.
"Modi is dreaming of putting me in jail but he won`t
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation