Guj Cong for Assembly panel probe into Nano project
Rajkot: Opposition Congress in Gujarat on Sunday demanded setting up of a joint legislative committee to go
into the deal between Tata Motors and the Gujarat government
for setting up Nano car project at Sanand.
Newly appointed Gujarat PCC chief Arjun Modhvadiya, who
is here to attend a meeting of party workers, said Congress
will launch a series of agitation in the coming days to
highlight, what he alleged, were "shortcomings" of the
Narendra Modi government.
He claimed Tata`s investment in Gujarat was Rs 2,200
crore, while the state government has approved assistance to
it worth Rs 9,000 crore, allegedly giving the company "huge
When contacted, a Tata spokesman declined to make any
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan