Guj Cong for Assembly panel probe into Nano project
Rajkot: Opposition Congress in Gujarat on Sunday demanded setting up of a joint legislative committee to go
into the deal between Tata Motors and the Gujarat government
for setting up Nano car project at Sanand.
Newly appointed Gujarat PCC chief Arjun Modhvadiya, who
is here to attend a meeting of party workers, said Congress
will launch a series of agitation in the coming days to
highlight, what he alleged, were "shortcomings" of the
Narendra Modi government.
He claimed Tata`s investment in Gujarat was Rs 2,200
crore, while the state government has approved assistance to
it worth Rs 9,000 crore, allegedly giving the company "huge
When contacted, a Tata spokesman declined to make any
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed