Guj Cong for Assembly panel probe into Nano project
Rajkot: Opposition Congress in Gujarat on Sunday demanded setting up of a joint legislative committee to go
into the deal between Tata Motors and the Gujarat government
for setting up Nano car project at Sanand.
Newly appointed Gujarat PCC chief Arjun Modhvadiya, who
is here to attend a meeting of party workers, said Congress
will launch a series of agitation in the coming days to
highlight, what he alleged, were "shortcomings" of the
Narendra Modi government.
He claimed Tata`s investment in Gujarat was Rs 2,200
crore, while the state government has approved assistance to
it worth Rs 9,000 crore, allegedly giving the company "huge
When contacted, a Tata spokesman declined to make any
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics