Guj Cong to launch agitations against Modi govt
Ahmedabad: With an eye on the Assembly elections, Gujarat Congress on Tuesday decided to launch agitations against the Narendra Modi government on two issues in the state.
The decision was taken at a party`s working committee meeting held here.
"Gujarat government has increased the electricity prices by Rs 1.57 per unit in the last three years and collected additional Rs 6,942 crore. This is the only state where VAT on petrol is as high as 25 per cent, Gujarat government is also charging 15 per cent VAT on CNG," state Congress chief Arjun Modhvadia said.
"We will launch an agitation on this issue soon," Modhvadia said in the meeting.
He also said that the party will also start an agitation against BJP national vice-president Purshottam Rupala`s alleged comments against Dalits and women of the state.
Modhvadia alleged that Rupala had made "derogatory remarks" against them during the training session of BJP workers last week.
He said the party had decided to soon finalise booth committees, as exercise related to state elections would start after 90 days.
Gujarat Congress in-charge Mohan Prakash claimed that the morale of the party workers was high this time as compared to that of BJP workers.
- First phase of NEET examination today as Supreme Court says allow exam to be held
- Andhra Pradesh to become first 'Open Defecation Free' state
- SC, ST promotions: Shivraj Singh-led government to move Supreme Court
- Bombed Brussels airport departure hall to reopen today
- Bachchans, SRK, Salman attend Bipasha-Karan Singh Grover’s wedding reception