Guj riots: Court grants more time to Zakia for filing petition
Ahmedabad: A court Wednesday again extended the time given to Zakia Jafri, the widow of slain former Congress MP Ehsan Jafri, to file protest petition against the closure report of the SIT which gave clean chit to Chief Minister Narendra Modi and others in the 2002 riot cases.
Metropolitan Magistrate BJ Ganatra directed Zakia to file her petition by November 23, or submit a status report on the Special Leave Petition which she has filed in the Supreme Court.
Next hearing of the case will be on November 23.
Zakia sought more time on the ground that she had filed a petition in the Supreme Court seeking clarification on certain issues.
Some orders of the lower court had created impression that her complaint was only limited to the 2002 Gulbarg Society massacre (in which Ehsan Jafri died), whereas she had complained about the role of Modi and others in the overall riots, she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!