Guj riots: Court grants more time to Zakia for filing petition
Ahmedabad: A court Wednesday again extended the time given to Zakia Jafri, the widow of slain former Congress MP Ehsan Jafri, to file protest petition against the closure report of the SIT which gave clean chit to Chief Minister Narendra Modi and others in the 2002 riot cases.
Metropolitan Magistrate BJ Ganatra directed Zakia to file her petition by November 23, or submit a status report on the Special Leave Petition which she has filed in the Supreme Court.
Next hearing of the case will be on November 23.
Zakia sought more time on the ground that she had filed a petition in the Supreme Court seeking clarification on certain issues.
Some orders of the lower court had created impression that her complaint was only limited to the 2002 Gulbarg Society massacre (in which Ehsan Jafri died), whereas she had complained about the role of Modi and others in the overall riots, she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III