Guj riots: Court grants more time to Zakia for filing petition
Ahmedabad: A court Wednesday again extended the time given to Zakia Jafri, the widow of slain former Congress MP Ehsan Jafri, to file protest petition against the closure report of the SIT which gave clean chit to Chief Minister Narendra Modi and others in the 2002 riot cases.
Metropolitan Magistrate BJ Ganatra directed Zakia to file her petition by November 23, or submit a status report on the Special Leave Petition which she has filed in the Supreme Court.
Next hearing of the case will be on November 23.
Zakia sought more time on the ground that she had filed a petition in the Supreme Court seeking clarification on certain issues.
Some orders of the lower court had created impression that her complaint was only limited to the 2002 Gulbarg Society massacre (in which Ehsan Jafri died), whereas she had complained about the role of Modi and others in the overall riots, she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog
- VIDEO: When helicopter shot came to haunt Team India and skipper MS Dhoni himself