Gujarat Assembly campaign: Battle of songs
Ahmedabad: Using music as a weapon in their campaign for coming Assembly polls, Narendra Modi-led BJP and main opposition Congress today released their theme songs.
While the BJP song focuses on "unstoppable" development of Gujarat, the state Congress`s theme ditty, inspired by a song by Veer Narmad, Gujarat`s foremost poet, talks about equality and secularism.
BJP`s theme song was released through Chief Minister Modi`s blog which appeals to visitors to download `Unstoppable Gujarat - An ode to a unique journey of development`.
While a CD titled `A new prayer song for Mother Gurjari (Gujarat): Hand of Mother Gurjari`, was released by Congress leaders at a press conference here.
"This song is a humble effort of Congress to salute the pride of Gujarat and to reflect the commitment of six crore people of the state to unity and development," Congress said.
Modi`s blog describes the 3.58 minute-long song as "an expression of six-and-half crore Gujaratis for unstoppable development".
Both parties have promised to follow this up with videos based on the songs.
Assembly elections are likely to be held in December.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- WATCH: Roger Federer mesmerizes centre court crowd with a 'tweener lob'