Gujarat Assembly campaign: Battle of songs
Ahmedabad: Using music as a weapon in their campaign for coming Assembly polls, Narendra Modi-led BJP and main opposition Congress today released their theme songs.
While the BJP song focuses on "unstoppable" development of Gujarat, the state Congress`s theme ditty, inspired by a song by Veer Narmad, Gujarat`s foremost poet, talks about equality and secularism.
BJP`s theme song was released through Chief Minister Modi`s blog which appeals to visitors to download `Unstoppable Gujarat - An ode to a unique journey of development`.
While a CD titled `A new prayer song for Mother Gurjari (Gujarat): Hand of Mother Gurjari`, was released by Congress leaders at a press conference here.
"This song is a humble effort of Congress to salute the pride of Gujarat and to reflect the commitment of six crore people of the state to unity and development," Congress said.
Modi`s blog describes the 3.58 minute-long song as "an expression of six-and-half crore Gujaratis for unstoppable development".
Both parties have promised to follow this up with videos based on the songs.
Assembly elections are likely to be held in December.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown