Gujarat Assembly campaign: Battle of songs
Ahmedabad: Using music as a weapon in their campaign for coming Assembly polls, Narendra Modi-led BJP and main opposition Congress today released their theme songs.
While the BJP song focuses on "unstoppable" development of Gujarat, the state Congress`s theme ditty, inspired by a song by Veer Narmad, Gujarat`s foremost poet, talks about equality and secularism.
BJP`s theme song was released through Chief Minister Modi`s blog which appeals to visitors to download `Unstoppable Gujarat - An ode to a unique journey of development`.
While a CD titled `A new prayer song for Mother Gurjari (Gujarat): Hand of Mother Gurjari`, was released by Congress leaders at a press conference here.
"This song is a humble effort of Congress to salute the pride of Gujarat and to reflect the commitment of six crore people of the state to unity and development," Congress said.
Modi`s blog describes the 3.58 minute-long song as "an expression of six-and-half crore Gujaratis for unstoppable development".
Both parties have promised to follow this up with videos based on the songs.
Assembly elections are likely to be held in December.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' release: I stand with Bollywood, why punish Pakistani artistes, says Digvijay Singh