Gujarat govt demands resignation of Governor Kamla Beniwal
Ahmedabad: The Gujarat government on Saturday demanded resignation of Governor Kamla Beniwal.
As per ABP News, the demand is in the wake of a Jaipur magistrate asking police to investigate forgery and land grabbing charges against her.
On November 26, the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) had submitted a request to President Pranab Mukherjee`s office seeking removal of Beniwal citing similar case.
The probe order is against Beniwal and her organisation- Kisan Samuhik Krushi Sahakari Samiti based in Jaipur.
Earlier this year, BJP president Nitin Gadkari had led a party delegation to the then president Pratibha Patil demanding Beniwal`s removal citing another case. A Judicial Order for criminal action had been issued by an Additional Registrar, Jaipur on May 02, against Beniwal and her organisation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra addresses people of Haryana
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Kevin Magnussen taken to hospital for checks after crash at Belgian Grand Prix
- Study Constitution well, understand democratic process: President to law students
- Belgian Grand Prix: Nico Rosberg cruises to victory at Spa, Lewis Hamilton third
- 60 Taliban militants killed in Afghanistan battle
- Myanmar President visits Taj Mahal