Gujarat govt demands resignation of Governor Kamla Beniwal
Ahmedabad: The Gujarat government on Saturday demanded resignation of Governor Kamla Beniwal.
As per ABP News, the demand is in the wake of a Jaipur magistrate asking police to investigate forgery and land grabbing charges against her.
On November 26, the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) had submitted a request to President Pranab Mukherjee`s office seeking removal of Beniwal citing similar case.
The probe order is against Beniwal and her organisation- Kisan Samuhik Krushi Sahakari Samiti based in Jaipur.
Earlier this year, BJP president Nitin Gadkari had led a party delegation to the then president Pratibha Patil demanding Beniwal`s removal citing another case. A Judicial Order for criminal action had been issued by an Additional Registrar, Jaipur on May 02, against Beniwal and her organisation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Curfew continues across Kashmir Valley as separatists extend shutdown till Monday
- France committed to leading Israel-Palestine talks: Hollande
- US sues Pennsylvania town for ban on building mosque
- Turkey temporarily suspends human rights convention after failed coup
- 'Don't abandon search for MH370,' plead families of victims