Gujarat govt demands resignation of Governor Kamla Beniwal
Ahmedabad: The Gujarat government on Saturday demanded resignation of Governor Kamla Beniwal.
As per ABP News, the demand is in the wake of a Jaipur magistrate asking police to investigate forgery and land grabbing charges against her.
On November 26, the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) had submitted a request to President Pranab Mukherjee`s office seeking removal of Beniwal citing similar case.
The probe order is against Beniwal and her organisation- Kisan Samuhik Krushi Sahakari Samiti based in Jaipur.
Earlier this year, BJP president Nitin Gadkari had led a party delegation to the then president Pratibha Patil demanding Beniwal`s removal citing another case. A Judicial Order for criminal action had been issued by an Additional Registrar, Jaipur on May 02, against Beniwal and her organisation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof