Gujarat Govt to set up cyber security cell in every district
Gandhinagar: The Gujarat Government has decided to set up cyber security cell in every district of the state, the state Assembly was told on Thursday.
"At a time when there is an exponential increase in the crimes committed through Internet and computer technology, the state government, to effectively prevent it, has decided to set up fully equipped cyber security cells in every district," Minister of State for Home Rajnikant Patel told the house during discussion on budgetary demands for his department.
Seeking Assembly`s approval for the demands of Rs 3,615 crore, he said that the state government has allocated Rs 25 crore to establish cyber security cells and 300 police will be trained to fight cyber crimes.
The State government has also allocated Rs 118 crore to purchase various machinery, vehicles and for the upgradation of the police force, while provision of Rs 109 crore has been made to purchase modern weapons.
Patel also informed the house that state government has planned to upgrade many police stations and Rs 20 crore has be allocated to set up new 17 police stations.
Earlier, Congress MLA Shailesh Parmar alleged that the crime rate in the state has increased and Gujarat has become more `unsafe` compared to other states in the country.
"In the last eleven years, on an average 4-5 people were murdered every day, in last ten years there has been two fold increase in crime against women with one rape case registered every day and in the last two years 5,038 people have gone missing," he said citing the data from state home department and state crime records bureau.
He alleged that, "there is merely 3.17 percent increase in the budgetary provisions for the Home department compared to last year. This shows how serious BJP government is for the security in the state."
"All records shows that crime rate in Gujarat has increased many fold, much more than states like UP, Bihar and Jharkhand and the state has become unsafe," he alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon