Gujarat Govt to set up cyber security cell in every district
Gandhinagar: The Gujarat Government has decided to set up cyber security cell in every district of the state, the state Assembly was told on Thursday.
"At a time when there is an exponential increase in the crimes committed through Internet and computer technology, the state government, to effectively prevent it, has decided to set up fully equipped cyber security cells in every district," Minister of State for Home Rajnikant Patel told the house during discussion on budgetary demands for his department.
Seeking Assembly`s approval for the demands of Rs 3,615 crore, he said that the state government has allocated Rs 25 crore to establish cyber security cells and 300 police will be trained to fight cyber crimes.
The State government has also allocated Rs 118 crore to purchase various machinery, vehicles and for the upgradation of the police force, while provision of Rs 109 crore has been made to purchase modern weapons.
Patel also informed the house that state government has planned to upgrade many police stations and Rs 20 crore has be allocated to set up new 17 police stations.
Earlier, Congress MLA Shailesh Parmar alleged that the crime rate in the state has increased and Gujarat has become more `unsafe` compared to other states in the country.
"In the last eleven years, on an average 4-5 people were murdered every day, in last ten years there has been two fold increase in crime against women with one rape case registered every day and in the last two years 5,038 people have gone missing," he said citing the data from state home department and state crime records bureau.
He alleged that, "there is merely 3.17 percent increase in the budgetary provisions for the Home department compared to last year. This shows how serious BJP government is for the security in the state."
"All records shows that crime rate in Gujarat has increased many fold, much more than states like UP, Bihar and Jharkhand and the state has become unsafe," he alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why