Gujarat: Six killed in Bhavnath temple stampede
Rajkot: Six people were killed and eight others injured in a stampede that broke out on Sunday night at
Bhavnath temple`s annual Mahashivratri fair in the foothills
of Mount Girnar in Gujarat`s Junagadh district.
According to police, the stampede occured following
panic after the brakes of a four-wheeler at the fair venue
apparently failed. The Bhavnath temple is about 150 km from
Tens of thousands of devotees had gathered at the
popular fair which will conclude on the occasion of
Mahashivratri which falls on Monday. Bhavnath is an important
Five people are dead and eight injured, police sources
in Junagadh said.
Three women are reported to be among the dead.
The injured, some of whom are reported to be critical,
were being rushed to nearby hospitals.
Ambulance personnel said they were finding it difficult
to take the injured because of traffic jams at the road
leading to the temple.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Porn survey: Delhi no 1; 'animal porn' in Pune