Gujarat: Six killed in Bhavnath temple stampede
Rajkot: Six people were killed and eight others injured in a stampede that broke out on Sunday night at
Bhavnath temple`s annual Mahashivratri fair in the foothills
of Mount Girnar in Gujarat`s Junagadh district.
According to police, the stampede occured following
panic after the brakes of a four-wheeler at the fair venue
apparently failed. The Bhavnath temple is about 150 km from
Tens of thousands of devotees had gathered at the
popular fair which will conclude on the occasion of
Mahashivratri which falls on Monday. Bhavnath is an important
Five people are dead and eight injured, police sources
in Junagadh said.
Three women are reported to be among the dead.
The injured, some of whom are reported to be critical,
were being rushed to nearby hospitals.
Ambulance personnel said they were finding it difficult
to take the injured because of traffic jams at the road
leading to the temple.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened