Gujarat: Six killed in Bhavnath temple stampede
Rajkot: Six people were killed and eight others injured in a stampede that broke out on Sunday night at
Bhavnath temple`s annual Mahashivratri fair in the foothills
of Mount Girnar in Gujarat`s Junagadh district.
According to police, the stampede occured following
panic after the brakes of a four-wheeler at the fair venue
apparently failed. The Bhavnath temple is about 150 km from
Tens of thousands of devotees had gathered at the
popular fair which will conclude on the occasion of
Mahashivratri which falls on Monday. Bhavnath is an important
Five people are dead and eight injured, police sources
in Junagadh said.
Three women are reported to be among the dead.
The injured, some of whom are reported to be critical,
were being rushed to nearby hospitals.
Ambulance personnel said they were finding it difficult
to take the injured because of traffic jams at the road
leading to the temple.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok