Gujarat: Six killed in Bhavnath temple stampede
Rajkot: Six people were killed and eight others injured in a stampede that broke out on Sunday night at
Bhavnath temple`s annual Mahashivratri fair in the foothills
of Mount Girnar in Gujarat`s Junagadh district.
According to police, the stampede occured following
panic after the brakes of a four-wheeler at the fair venue
apparently failed. The Bhavnath temple is about 150 km from
Tens of thousands of devotees had gathered at the
popular fair which will conclude on the occasion of
Mahashivratri which falls on Monday. Bhavnath is an important
Five people are dead and eight injured, police sources
in Junagadh said.
Three women are reported to be among the dead.
The injured, some of whom are reported to be critical,
were being rushed to nearby hospitals.
Ambulance personnel said they were finding it difficult
to take the injured because of traffic jams at the road
leading to the temple.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Watch 15 reports from 15 cities
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Sheena murder case: Villager helps locate spot where body was buried