Gujarat: Six killed in Bhavnath temple stampede
Rajkot: Six people were killed and eight others injured in a stampede that broke out on Sunday night at
Bhavnath temple`s annual Mahashivratri fair in the foothills
of Mount Girnar in Gujarat`s Junagadh district.
According to police, the stampede occured following
panic after the brakes of a four-wheeler at the fair venue
apparently failed. The Bhavnath temple is about 150 km from
Tens of thousands of devotees had gathered at the
popular fair which will conclude on the occasion of
Mahashivratri which falls on Monday. Bhavnath is an important
Five people are dead and eight injured, police sources
in Junagadh said.
Three women are reported to be among the dead.
The injured, some of whom are reported to be critical,
were being rushed to nearby hospitals.
Ambulance personnel said they were finding it difficult
to take the injured because of traffic jams at the road
leading to the temple.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- PMO seeks report on Air India flights delayed by Fadnavis, Rijiju; Aviation Minister apologises
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army