Gujarat: Tight security for Modi, Vaghela fast
Ahmedabad: With Gujarat Chief Minister
Narendra Modi and Congress leader Shankarsinh Vaghela all set
to begin their three-day fast here from Saturday, the city has
virtually turned into a fortress.
"With both Modi and Vaghela having Z+ and Z category
security respectively, a huge contingent of police force has
been deployed at both the venues where these leaders would be
observing the fast from September 17 to 19," city Police
Commissioner SK Sinha said.
"Moreover, many other national level BJP leaders like LK
Advani, Rajnath Singh, Prakash Singh Badal and others have
intimated us that they would be coming to visit Modi and
adequate security arrangements have been made for them as
well," he said.
Sinha said that bomb disposal squads, anti-sabotage
squad, dog squad, a Quick Response Team (QRT) and State
Reserve Police (SRP) units have been deployed at the Gujarat
University Convention Hall, the venue for Modi`s fast.
He, however, declined to give specific number and areas
of deployment of the forces due to security reasons.
About 25,000 people are expected to be at the venue at
any given point of time, Sinha said.
"Over 50 CCTV cameras would be fitted at the Convention
Hall which would help us track the happening at the venue," he
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145