Haren Pandya murder: Former Guj minister faces ire
Vadodara: Former Gujarat minister Jaspal
Singh has been suspended from the primary membership of BJP
for "jumping" the party line over the Haren Pandya murder
case, a party leader said on Saturday.
Singh had demanded fresh investigations into the murder
of the former home minister after the Gujarat High Court
acquitted 12 accused for want of evidence in the eight-year
"We took this step (of suspending Singh) after he wrote a
letter to party president Nitin Gadkari supporting the demand
of fresh investigation raised by Chhaya, sister of Haren
Pandya, after the high court acquitted 12 accused in the
case," Vadodara city unit president Bharat Dangar said.
He also sided with Jagruti, widow of Pandya, who has
sought intervention of senior BJP leader Lal Krishna Advani
and Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi in reopening the
Singh, according to BJP, also justified Governor Kamla`s
decision of appointing Justice (retd) RA Mehta as Lokayukta
of the state.
"As these statements are not in line with the party
system, he is suspended from the primary membership of the
party," Dangar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part III
- 54 ISIS supporters arrested: Governmnet
- Kumar Sangakkara backs Muttiah Muralitharan, slams Sri Lanka Cricket for lashing out at off-spinner
- Michelle brings Democrats to tears in moving convention speech
- Cadaver donation takes place for third day in a row in Mumbai
- China says Oli's fall will not change ties with Nepal