Haren Pandya murder: Former Guj minister faces ire
Vadodara: Former Gujarat minister Jaspal
Singh has been suspended from the primary membership of BJP
for "jumping" the party line over the Haren Pandya murder
case, a party leader said on Saturday.
Singh had demanded fresh investigations into the murder
of the former home minister after the Gujarat High Court
acquitted 12 accused for want of evidence in the eight-year
"We took this step (of suspending Singh) after he wrote a
letter to party president Nitin Gadkari supporting the demand
of fresh investigation raised by Chhaya, sister of Haren
Pandya, after the high court acquitted 12 accused in the
case," Vadodara city unit president Bharat Dangar said.
He also sided with Jagruti, widow of Pandya, who has
sought intervention of senior BJP leader Lal Krishna Advani
and Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi in reopening the
Singh, according to BJP, also justified Governor Kamla`s
decision of appointing Justice (retd) RA Mehta as Lokayukta
of the state.
"As these statements are not in line with the party
system, he is suspended from the primary membership of the
party," Dangar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'