Himanshu Shukla named Ahmedabad crime branch DCP
Ahmedabad: Himanshu Shukla was on Thursday named as
the Deputy Commissioner of Police Ahmedabad crime branch, a
post that was lying vacant following the arrest of suspended
DCP Abhay Chudasama in April in connection with the alleged
fake encounter of Sohrabuddin Sheikh and killing of his wife.
Shukla, the Kheda Superintendent of Police, would be
taking the new charge following a transfer order issued by the
Gujarat home department, an official statement said here.
Besides Shukla, nine other IPS officers have also been
Deputy Commissioner of Police (DCP), Crime, Surat Subhash
Trivedi, who had accidentally shot a fellow officer during an
anti-terror mock drill at Surat airport early this year, has
been transfered to Jamnagar as District Superintendent of
DSP Bhavnagar R V Asari has been transferred to Kheda to
Trivedi would replace DSP R V Jotangia, who has been
transferred to state CID (crime) as superintendent of police
(SP), Economic Offences Wing.
Sabarmati Jail Superintendent V Chandrashekhar has been
transferred to Bhavnagar as DSP, replacing Asari.
Ahmedabad cyber crime DCP M R Agrawal, M S Bharada and H
R Choudhary (both GPS officers who have been promoted to IPS
cadre), R J Pargi and SP Vadodara Central Jail J B Mandviya
are others who have been transferred, according to the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"