IPS officer accuses asst collector husband of dowr
Valsad (Gujarat): A lady IPS officer has accused her husband, who is posted as an Assistant Collector in Behror tehsil of Alwar district in Rajasthan, of mental and physical torture for dowry, police said here.
The complaint, which was filed yesterday in the town police station here, also alleges that her husband had threatened to kill her brother if his demands were not met.
"Saroj Kumari, a probationary IPS officer serving as Additional Superintendent of Police in Valsad has registered a complaint against her husband Narsingh Hazarilal, posted as Assistant Collector in Behror," a police officer said today.
"The IPS officer has accused her husband of mentally and physically torturing her besides demanding dowry from her," SP Valsad district Nipuna Torwane told PTI.
"The investigation has started and whatever is necessary will be done," she said when asked whether a police team will be sent to Rajasthan to arrest her husband, who is a Rajasthan Administrative Services (RAS) officer.
Kumari has alleged in her complaint that he wants her to quit her job and is threatening her over phone for that, besides demanding Rs 10 lakh and an Innova car as dowry.
She has also said in the complaint that he has assaulted her on some occasions after their marriage in June 2011. She also alleged that she has been subjected to physical and mental torture by him time and again.
Police said that as an evidence, Kumari has recorded threatening calls made by her husband and provided it to the police.
Kumari had joined her duty in Valsad a few months back.
A case has been registered under sections 498 (A) (dowry harassment), 323 (voluntarily causing hurt), 506 (criminal intimidation) of the Indian Penal Code, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Islamic State selling sex slaves on Facebook for $8,000
- Puducherry: Narayanasamy to meet Lt Gov Kiran Bedi today, stake claim to form govt
- Armed squad kills 11 people in Venezuela: Official
- Khalistan terror camp running in Canada to attack Punjab; Justin Trudeau govt alerted
- Barack Obama could be Hillary's secret weapon in rallying Democratic support: Report