IPS officer accuses hubby of dowry harassment
Valsad: A lady IPS officer has lodged a complaint of dowry harassment against her husband, an assistant collector in Behror tehsil of Alwar district, Rajasthan, police said here.
The complaint was filed yesterday.
"Saroj Kumari, a probationary IPS officer serving as Additional Superintendent of Police in Valsad has registered a complaint against her husband Narsingh Hazarilal, posted as assistant collector in Behror," a police officer said today.
Narsingh is a Rajasthan Administrative Services (RAS) officer. Kumari alleges that he wants her to quit her job, is threatening her over phone for that, besides demanding Rs 10 lakh and an Innova car in dowry.
She also says in the complaint that he assaulted her on some occasions.
A case has been registered under sections 498 (A) (dowry harassment), 323 (voluntarily causing hurt), 506 (criminal intimidation) of the Indian Penal Code, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next