IPS officer accuses hubby of dowry harassment
Valsad: A lady IPS officer has lodged a complaint of dowry harassment against her husband, an assistant collector in Behror tehsil of Alwar district, Rajasthan, police said here.
The complaint was filed yesterday.
"Saroj Kumari, a probationary IPS officer serving as Additional Superintendent of Police in Valsad has registered a complaint against her husband Narsingh Hazarilal, posted as assistant collector in Behror," a police officer said today.
Narsingh is a Rajasthan Administrative Services (RAS) officer. Kumari alleges that he wants her to quit her job, is threatening her over phone for that, besides demanding Rs 10 lakh and an Innova car in dowry.
She also says in the complaint that he assaulted her on some occasions.
A case has been registered under sections 498 (A) (dowry harassment), 323 (voluntarily causing hurt), 506 (criminal intimidation) of the Indian Penal Code, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing the impact of secret data leak of Scorpene submarine on India's security
- DNA: Analyzing the impact of secret data leak of Scorpene submarine on India's security Part II
- DNA: Analyzing the possible hands indulged in Scorpene Submarine data leak
- DNA: Analyzing the media coverage on Kashmir violence
- DNA: PM Modi's photos and Indian flag raised during protests in Balochistan
- E-cigarettes can help eliminate smoking in 30 years: Research
- Standing desks in schools may help reduce weight in kids: Study
- Common chemical can make male turtles behave like females
- Kabul: One dead, 14 hurt in attack on American University
- Security beefed up in Mathura for Krishna Janmashtami celebrations