IPS officer accuses hubby of dowry harassment
Valsad: A lady IPS officer has lodged a complaint of dowry harassment against her husband, an assistant collector in Behror tehsil of Alwar district, Rajasthan, police said here.
The complaint was filed yesterday.
"Saroj Kumari, a probationary IPS officer serving as Additional Superintendent of Police in Valsad has registered a complaint against her husband Narsingh Hazarilal, posted as assistant collector in Behror," a police officer said today.
Narsingh is a Rajasthan Administrative Services (RAS) officer. Kumari alleges that he wants her to quit her job, is threatening her over phone for that, besides demanding Rs 10 lakh and an Innova car in dowry.
She also says in the complaint that he assaulted her on some occasions.
A case has been registered under sections 498 (A) (dowry harassment), 323 (voluntarily causing hurt), 506 (criminal intimidation) of the Indian Penal Code, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Kriti Sanon wishes 'Heropanti' director Sabbir Khan a very happy birthday! Pic inside
- Suicide attack in Baghdad kills at least 10 people
- BJP made Dayashankar Singh use foul language against me; SP also involved in conspiracy, alleges Mayawati
- New compound may help fight epilepsy
- 'Jethalal' promotes Varun Dhawan starrer 'Dishoom' by flaunting his unique swag! Watch video