IPS officer accuses hubby of dowry harassment
Valsad: A lady IPS officer has lodged a complaint of dowry harassment against her husband, an assistant collector in Behror tehsil of Alwar district, Rajasthan, police said here.
The complaint was filed yesterday.
"Saroj Kumari, a probationary IPS officer serving as Additional Superintendent of Police in Valsad has registered a complaint against her husband Narsingh Hazarilal, posted as assistant collector in Behror," a police officer said today.
Narsingh is a Rajasthan Administrative Services (RAS) officer. Kumari alleges that he wants her to quit her job, is threatening her over phone for that, besides demanding Rs 10 lakh and an Innova car in dowry.
She also says in the complaint that he assaulted her on some occasions.
A case has been registered under sections 498 (A) (dowry harassment), 323 (voluntarily causing hurt), 506 (criminal intimidation) of the Indian Penal Code, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray