IPS officer accuses hubby of dowry harassment
Valsad: A lady IPS officer has lodged a complaint of dowry harassment against her husband, an assistant collector in Behror tehsil of Alwar district, Rajasthan, police said here.
The complaint was filed yesterday.
"Saroj Kumari, a probationary IPS officer serving as Additional Superintendent of Police in Valsad has registered a complaint against her husband Narsingh Hazarilal, posted as assistant collector in Behror," a police officer said today.
Narsingh is a Rajasthan Administrative Services (RAS) officer. Kumari alleges that he wants her to quit her job, is threatening her over phone for that, besides demanding Rs 10 lakh and an Innova car in dowry.
She also says in the complaint that he assaulted her on some occasions.
A case has been registered under sections 498 (A) (dowry harassment), 323 (voluntarily causing hurt), 506 (criminal intimidation) of the Indian Penal Code, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing