IPS officer, constable charged for murder in Prajapati case
Banaskantha (Guj): An IPS officer and a constable arrested in connection with the Tulsi Prajapati fake encounter case have been charged with murder and criminal conspiracy and were sent to CID crime`s custody till May 11 by a local court here on Tuesday.
IPS officer Vipul Agarwal and constable Vinod Chaudhary
were produced before judicial magistrate B M Prajapati at his
residence in Danta after their arrest.
Public prosecutor R R Jalke submitted that Agarwal and
Chaudhary were directly involved in the encounter of Prajapati
in December 2006, which was fake.
He said both have been charged with murder and criminal
conspiracy and hence, there was a need for their custodial
Agarwal, posted as District Superintendent of Police
(DSP) Dahod was arrested last night for his involvement in
Prajapati`s encounter, while Chaudhary was arrested today in
connection with the case from Palanpur today.
Prajapati, believed to be a key witness in the
Sohrabuddin Sheikh fake encounter case was killed by Gujarat
police in an encounter near Ambaji in Danta taluka of
Banaskantha district. Officials had said he was gunned down
when he tried to escape from custody while being shifted from
Rajasthan to Gujarat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi