IPS officer, constable charged for murder in Prajapati case
Banaskantha (Guj): An IPS officer and a constable arrested in connection with the Tulsi Prajapati fake encounter case have been charged with murder and criminal conspiracy and were sent to CID crime`s custody till May 11 by a local court here on Tuesday.
IPS officer Vipul Agarwal and constable Vinod Chaudhary
were produced before judicial magistrate B M Prajapati at his
residence in Danta after their arrest.
Public prosecutor R R Jalke submitted that Agarwal and
Chaudhary were directly involved in the encounter of Prajapati
in December 2006, which was fake.
He said both have been charged with murder and criminal
conspiracy and hence, there was a need for their custodial
Agarwal, posted as District Superintendent of Police
(DSP) Dahod was arrested last night for his involvement in
Prajapati`s encounter, while Chaudhary was arrested today in
connection with the case from Palanpur today.
Prajapati, believed to be a key witness in the
Sohrabuddin Sheikh fake encounter case was killed by Gujarat
police in an encounter near Ambaji in Danta taluka of
Banaskantha district. Officials had said he was gunned down
when he tried to escape from custody while being shifted from
Rajasthan to Gujarat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!
- Say goodbye to your acidity woes with these ten simple tips!
- India prays for Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa; PM, Army Chief visit hospital