Ishrat case: Will CBI name Amit Shah in fresh chargesheet?
Zee Media Bureau
Ahmedabad: The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) is expected to file a supplementary chargesheet in the 2004 Ishrat Jahan encounter case after questioning Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi`s close aide and state`s former home minister Amit Shah.
Reports on Monday said that the central probe agency is expected to frame further charges against Shah and some others in connection with the case.
The CBI is probing the conspiracy behind the alleged killing of Ishrat Jahan and three others in 2004. Earlier in July, in its primary chargesheet, the CBI had claimed the encounter was staged and accused some IB officials and Gujarat police personnel for the killings.
Shah was questioned by the CBI after jailed IPS officer DG Vanzara expressed bitterness over the way the Modi government had failed to stand by him and other officers who implemented the government`s policy.
Vanzara, who is lodged in the Sabarmati jail, made these allegations through a letter sent to the Home Ministry.
The BJP in Gujarat is tight-lipped on the issue even as the CBI had in the past one month questioned some other BJP politicians and bureaucrats considered close to Narendra Modi.
The CBI questioning comes days before Modi`s scheduled rallies in Uttar Pradesh this week in Kanpur.
The BJP leadership is relying on Modi`s chief strategist Amit Shah to revive the party`s fortunes in the state which sends 80 MPs to the Lok Sabha.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system?
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part II
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part III
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part IV
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part V
- Shocking! Death-defying train stunt performed by youngsters in Mumbai - Watch video
- Shooter Heena Sidhu misses out on final berth
- Bangladesh bowling coach: BCB may have expressed interest looking at my credentials, says Venkatesh Prasad
- Congress vs Amitabh Bachchan: Abhishek Bachchan supports father, says Big B not hosting any political event
- Birthday bash! Shah Rukh Khan, Aryan, Navya Naveli turn up at Karan Johar's birthday party – See pics