Jet Airways aircraft`s nosewheel comes off in Ahmedabad
Ahmedabad: 57 passengers and four crew on
board a Jet Airways flight from Indore tonight had a close
shave when the aircraft skidded on the runway after its
nosewheel came off while landing at the airport here.
"Jet Airways flight 9W 2510 from Indore to Ahmedabad
after landing at Ahmedabad stopped on the runway due to a
problem with its nosewheel," a Jet Airways spokesperson said.
"All passengers and crew are safe. They have been
deplaned and taken to the terminal building where they are
being looked after by the Jet Airways staff," the spokesperson
Operations at the airport were closed for three hours due
to the mishap.
Following the mishap, the runway was blocked resulting in
the delay of landings and takeoffs of several other flights,
Air Traffic Controller at Ahmedabad airport H D Hota said.
"We have pressed the entire staff to clear the runway as
this is our priority. Once the runway is cleared, the flights
which have been delayed will take off," Hota said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?