Jet Airways aircraft`s nosewheel comes off in Ahmedabad
Ahmedabad: 57 passengers and four crew on
board a Jet Airways flight from Indore tonight had a close
shave when the aircraft skidded on the runway after its
nosewheel came off while landing at the airport here.
"Jet Airways flight 9W 2510 from Indore to Ahmedabad
after landing at Ahmedabad stopped on the runway due to a
problem with its nosewheel," a Jet Airways spokesperson said.
"All passengers and crew are safe. They have been
deplaned and taken to the terminal building where they are
being looked after by the Jet Airways staff," the spokesperson
Operations at the airport were closed for three hours due
to the mishap.
Following the mishap, the runway was blocked resulting in
the delay of landings and takeoffs of several other flights,
Air Traffic Controller at Ahmedabad airport H D Hota said.
"We have pressed the entire staff to clear the runway as
this is our priority. Once the runway is cleared, the flights
which have been delayed will take off," Hota said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Porn survey: Delhi no 1; 'animal porn' in Pune
- Radhe Maa dances at casino in London, claims video