Major fire at IOC facility in Hazira near Surat
Surat: A major fire broke out on Saturday at storage tanks of Indian Oil Corporation`s terminal at Hajira port here, fire brigade officials said.
Fire brigade personnel from Surat and nearby cities were trying to bring the fire under control.
Hazira facility of IOC has nine storage tanks, five of petrol and four of diesel.
One of the tanks caught fire this afternoon, and it spread.
There were no reports of any casualties as yet, while all the staff members have been shifted out.
The Hazira terminal includes a deep water multi-cargo port, situated 25 km from Surat.
The blaze could be seen from afar, local sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- IND vs NZ, 3rd ODI: Chase master Kohli stars as India beat Kiwis by 7 wickets, lead series 2-1
- Samajwadi Party feud LIVE: After his sacking, Ramgopal Yadav writes to Mulayam, says 'you're surrounded by evil forces'
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption