Major fire at IOC facility in Hazira near Surat
Surat: A major fire broke out on Saturday at storage tanks of Indian Oil Corporation`s terminal at Hajira port here, fire brigade officials said.
Fire brigade personnel from Surat and nearby cities were trying to bring the fire under control.
Hazira facility of IOC has nine storage tanks, five of petrol and four of diesel.
One of the tanks caught fire this afternoon, and it spread.
There were no reports of any casualties as yet, while all the staff members have been shifted out.
The Hazira terminal includes a deep water multi-cargo port, situated 25 km from Surat.
The blaze could be seen from afar, local sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened