Mistry challenges Modi for a debate on Gujarat`s development
Vadodara: AICC general secretary Madhusudhan Mistry, who has been fielded against BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi for the Vadodara Lok Sabha seat, has dared the latter for a debate over his claims about Gujarat`s development.
Congress nominee Narendra Ravat, who was the consensus candidate elected through primary for Vadodara Lok Sabha seat, had withdrawn his candidature yesterday, while the name of Mistry, who had won the 2004 Lok Sabha elections from Sabarkantha, and is at present a Rajya Sabha member, was announced as the candidate from seat.
"I learnt the party`s decision on fielding me from Vadodara just yesterday. I thank Congress president Sonia Gandhi, vice president Rahul Gandhi and other party leaders for giving me a chance to fight against Modi for which I had been eagerly waiting for the past several years," Mistry told reporters today.
"Narendra Modi had never accepted my challenge of contesting Sabarkantha seat in 2004 and 2009 Lok Sabha polls," he added.
He alleged that Modi had been misguiding people of the country over development issues.
"Modi is known for misguiding the people. I challenge him to have a debate with me on national issues as well as on Gujarat`s so-called development model," he said.
Mistry said his target is to defeat Modi. "And I am very confident about my victory," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH