Modi govt `favoured` private company in sale of Mundra land: NGO
New Delhi: Continuing with its alleged "exposes" against the Narendra Modi government in Gujarat, an NGO here on Saturday claimed that the state administration favoured a private company in allotment of land in the port town of Mundra.
The NGO Anhad at a press conference alleged that the private firm was sold land in the Kutch district "at Rs 143 crore less than the market price" over a period of time.
"Over 5,465 hectare of land was sold through 30 orders from 2005 to 2007 for SEZ (Special Economic Zone) at Rs 2.50 to Rs 25 per square metre when the market price was between Rs 1,000 and Rs 1,500 per sq m ...The land was divided on paper into smaller sizes so as not to attract auction rates," Anhad`s head Shabnam Hashmi alleged.
He further alleged that in "contravention of the government laws", 23 orders for sale of land were released on a single day on July 15, 2005. The land was even sold below the stamp duty price, it said.
"A large portion of the land sold were pasture land and the sale has robbed the people dependent on cattle of their livelihood, forcing large migration out of the region," Hashmi said.
The NGO said it accessed the documents, mostly in Gujarati language through "RTI or with the help of people inside the system who shared information anonymously" when they heard about "our cause".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @10 am
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'