Modi has monopoly over lying: Keshubhai
Ahmedabad: Continuing his campaign against the Gujarat Chief Minister, disgruntled BJP leader Keshubhai Patel on Sunday alleged that Narendra Modi had "monopoly over lying", and questioned motives of his Sadbhavna Mission.
"One person has a monopoly over lying to people and misguiding them and you know this person very well," said Keshubhai, addressing a public meeting called by Gujarat unit of `Total System Change Forum` here today.
"Modi is telling you that he brought Narmada water, but that`s a lie, he is claiming to provide housing as if in past 45 years no government had built a single house," Patel said.
Terming `Sadbhavna Mission` of Modi as a personal electoral gimmick, Patel said, "Modi`s new-found `Sadbhavna` (goodwill) is not for the common people, otherwise we would have heard this word in 2002 (when large-scale communal riots took place in the state) also."
"Good governance is based on love and fearlessness, but unfortunately today `love` is missing in Gujarat and people are in state of fear," he said.
For the last few months, Patel, a former CM, has come out openly against Modi. He has refused to renew his active membership of BJP, and is planning to form a third front for the coming Assembly elections.
Alleging widespread corruption and use of black money, Keshubhai said that "unless we change the present administration there are chances of social break-down in the state".
Terming Modi government as `government for the industrialists`, Patel alleged that in the past eight years it had given away village grazing lands to industries and "6,000 farmers have committed suicides".
"Modi has policy of keeping people involved in festivals so that they don`t have time to see the deteriorating governance," said another former Chief Minister, Suresh Mehta, who is supporting Keshubhai, on this occasion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Watch: PM Modi addresses rally in Moradabad, UP - Part II
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what