Modi`s Sadbhavna fast a political stunt: CPI-M
Rajkot: CPI-M leader Brinda Karat has slammed Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi for observing fasts under Sadbhavna mission, especially when as many as 21 police officers from the state are facing probe under various charges.
Karat was speaking to media persons on the sidelines
of her party`s two-day-long 20th state-level convention which
kicked off yesterday.
When asked about the Gujarat`s development in the wake
of vibrant summits held over a period of time, she said, "Modi
is trying to keep few industrialist vibrant. Investment made
in the state has failed to create jobs for locals and in such
circumstances it can be said that the summits have failed.
Replying to a query on Lokpal Bill, Karat said
Congress and BJP lack will to enact strong ombudsman and are
thus opposing CPI (M)`s demand of setting up of an independent
investigation agency for the proposed legislation.
"With this (Lokpal) bill, corruption can not be
eradicated" Karat observed.
Modi, who observed a three-day fast in Ahmedabad in
September, had announced that in order to strengthen peace and
harmony, he would undertake similar fasts in every district of
the state under sadbhavna mission.
The chief minister recently observed fast here and is
schedule to sit on another one on 6th January in Amreli town.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- Indrani Mukherjea's daughter Sheena Bora was strangled, body burnt with petrol: Mumbai Police chief