Narendra Modi to attend wedding of Governor Beniwal`s grand-daughter
Ahmedabad: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi, who has been frequently at the loggerheads with state Governor Dr Kamla Beniwal, would be attending the wedding of her grand-daughter Aditi Beniwal at Jaipur on Friday night.
"Will be in Jaipur this evening to attend the marriage ceremony of granddaughter of Hon`ble Gujarat Governor," Modi tweeted on Friday.
For the past more than a year a tussle is on between Modi government and the Rajbhavan on the issue of appointment of Justice(retired) R A Mehta as Gujarat Lokayukta.
The state government also has often expressed displeasure about Governor rejecting several bills passed by the state Assembly.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice