Paswan hails Guj HC verdict on Lokayukta
Patna: LJP chief Ramvilas Paswan on Wednesday hailed the Gujarat High Court verdict upholding the appointment of Lokayukta in the state by Governor and accused the ruling BJP of challenging the decision out of political prejudice.
"The verdict is a setback to (Narendra) Modi," he
said,demanding from the Bihar government to put in place a
mechanism in which Lokayukta is appointed after due
consultations with chief justice of Patna High Court and
Leader of the Opposition in the legislative assembly.
The LJP leader alleged that Bihar chief minister had
intentionally made Lokayukta recruitment heavily in favour of
the state government.
"By doing so he took for ride the civil society
agitation led by Gandhian leader Anna Hazare after promising
support to their agitation for a Jan Lokpal bill," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'