Paswan hails Guj HC verdict on Lokayukta
Patna: LJP chief Ramvilas Paswan on Wednesday hailed the Gujarat High Court verdict upholding the appointment of Lokayukta in the state by Governor and accused the ruling BJP of challenging the decision out of political prejudice.
"The verdict is a setback to (Narendra) Modi," he
said,demanding from the Bihar government to put in place a
mechanism in which Lokayukta is appointed after due
consultations with chief justice of Patna High Court and
Leader of the Opposition in the legislative assembly.
The LJP leader alleged that Bihar chief minister had
intentionally made Lokayukta recruitment heavily in favour of
the state government.
"By doing so he took for ride the civil society
agitation led by Gandhian leader Anna Hazare after promising
support to their agitation for a Jan Lokpal bill," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!