Paswan hails Guj HC verdict on Lokayukta
Patna: LJP chief Ramvilas Paswan on Wednesday hailed the Gujarat High Court verdict upholding the appointment of Lokayukta in the state by Governor and accused the ruling BJP of challenging the decision out of political prejudice.
"The verdict is a setback to (Narendra) Modi," he
said,demanding from the Bihar government to put in place a
mechanism in which Lokayukta is appointed after due
consultations with chief justice of Patna High Court and
Leader of the Opposition in the legislative assembly.
The LJP leader alleged that Bihar chief minister had
intentionally made Lokayukta recruitment heavily in favour of
the state government.
"By doing so he took for ride the civil society
agitation led by Gandhian leader Anna Hazare after promising
support to their agitation for a Jan Lokpal bill," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- PMO seeks report on Air India flights delayed by 'VIPs' Rijiju, Fadnavis
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding