Porngate: Gujarat Assembly adjourned thrice
Gandhinagar: The Gujarat Assembly was on Thursday adjourned thrice as Opposition Congress continued to disrupt the proceedings with their demand to dismiss the two BJP MLAs, accused of watching obscene pictures in the House.
When the Assembly met today, Congress MLAs stood up at their places and started shouting slogan "dismiss those watching naked pictures."
They tore papers and threw it in the well of the House.
Speaker Ganpat Vasava tried to pacify them and bring the House in order. However, the slogan shouting continued following which the House was adjourned for an hour.
When the House met again after an hour, Congress MLAs resumed sloganeering demanding dismissal of Shankar Chaudhary and Jetha Bharwad.
Vasava then adjourned the House for another 45 minutes.
As the din continued for the third time too, the Assembly was re-adjourned.
The MLAs came under scanner for allegedly watching obscene pictures during the House proceedings after a journalist of a vernacular newspaper brought the incident to notice of the Speaker.
On March 20, Radhanpur`s MLA Chaudhary and fellow BJP MLA from Shera Bharward were seen spending time on a tablet during the House proceedings and it is alleged they were watching obscene pictures of women.
Speaker Vasava had yesterday ordered a probe by the Privileges Committee into the unsavoury episode after asking the Assembly Secretary to confiscate Chaudhary`s tablet for forensic test.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...