Porngate: Gujarat Assembly adjourned thrice
Gandhinagar: The Gujarat Assembly was on Thursday adjourned thrice as Opposition Congress continued to disrupt the proceedings with their demand to dismiss the two BJP MLAs, accused of watching obscene pictures in the House.
When the Assembly met today, Congress MLAs stood up at their places and started shouting slogan "dismiss those watching naked pictures."
They tore papers and threw it in the well of the House.
Speaker Ganpat Vasava tried to pacify them and bring the House in order. However, the slogan shouting continued following which the House was adjourned for an hour.
When the House met again after an hour, Congress MLAs resumed sloganeering demanding dismissal of Shankar Chaudhary and Jetha Bharwad.
Vasava then adjourned the House for another 45 minutes.
As the din continued for the third time too, the Assembly was re-adjourned.
The MLAs came under scanner for allegedly watching obscene pictures during the House proceedings after a journalist of a vernacular newspaper brought the incident to notice of the Speaker.
On March 20, Radhanpur`s MLA Chaudhary and fellow BJP MLA from Shera Bharward were seen spending time on a tablet during the House proceedings and it is alleged they were watching obscene pictures of women.
Speaker Vasava had yesterday ordered a probe by the Privileges Committee into the unsavoury episode after asking the Assembly Secretary to confiscate Chaudhary`s tablet for forensic test.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!