RSS chief asks royalty to ensure unity in society
Vadodara: RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat on Monday appealed to the rulers of erstwhile princely states to come forward in strengthening the unity among people irrespective of caste and religion.
"I appeal to you to come forward for the purpose of ensuring unity among all sections of society", Bhagwat said while addressing a conclave of rulers of the erstwhile princely states of Gujarat and Rajasthan here.
The event, organised by "Samasta Gujarat Rajput Samaj", was attended by 164 members of royalty from 81 erstwhile princely states.
Bhagwat also paid tribute to late Sir Sayajirao Gaekwad-III, the ruler of erstwhile princely state of Baroda, on the occasion.
"The purpose behind organising this conclave was to unite these rulers for taking up the cause of development of members of Rajput community in the country", said Samarjeetsinh Gaekwad of erstwhile Baroda state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen