RSS chief asks royalty to ensure unity in society
Vadodara: RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat on Monday appealed to the rulers of erstwhile princely states to come forward in strengthening the unity among people irrespective of caste and religion.
"I appeal to you to come forward for the purpose of ensuring unity among all sections of society", Bhagwat said while addressing a conclave of rulers of the erstwhile princely states of Gujarat and Rajasthan here.
The event, organised by "Samasta Gujarat Rajput Samaj", was attended by 164 members of royalty from 81 erstwhile princely states.
Bhagwat also paid tribute to late Sir Sayajirao Gaekwad-III, the ruler of erstwhile princely state of Baroda, on the occasion.
"The purpose behind organising this conclave was to unite these rulers for taking up the cause of development of members of Rajput community in the country", said Samarjeetsinh Gaekwad of erstwhile Baroda state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air