RTI activist found lying unconscious in Surat
Surat: An RTI activist from Mumbai, who had
sought information on various issues including Adarsh Society
scam, was found unconscious on a roadside in the district
after he was allegedly abducted by a gang, police said on Sunday.
42-year-old Santosh M Tiwari, a former employee of
Central Industrial Security Force (CISF), was admitted to
Surat civil hospital after he was found in Palsana this
morning by a passer-by, they said.
Tiwari later told police that he was abducted by a gang of
"Dilawar" from Mira Road area in suburban Mumbai on Friday.
Tiwari works as a security consultant for a firm in Mumbai.
He said that the culprits came in a Mahindra Scorpio,
identified themselves as policemen, and said they wanted to
question him with regard to one of his RTI applications.
Tiwari said he was assaulted by one Vijay Marwadi, a
suspected member of the gang, and thrown on the floor of SUV.
Later, he was kept in a warehouse and was made to drink
Tiwari alleged that this was the fall-out of his RTI
applications, including those in Adarsh scam.
Police here said that they had informed their Mumbai
counterparts about the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- DNA: Growing Russia-China ties a concern for India
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Woman set ablaze in UP, Akhilesh orders magisterial probe
- Waterlogging, traffic jams in Delhi after rains
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi