Smriti Irani meets Gujarat CM, discusses education programmes
Gandhinagar: Union HRD Minister Smriti Irani today met Gujarat Chief Minister Anandiben Patel and discussed various education programmes, especially those focusing on girls, launched by the state government.
Irani also took part in "Shala Praveshotsav" (school enrolment festival), an annual event organised by the state government. Patel inaugurated the three-day fest yesterday.
"Union HRD Minister Smriti Irani came today to take part in Shala Praveshotsav - an auspicious event for primary education in Gujarat," an official release said here.
Irani met Patel in the morning and discussed the success of the state government`s different education programmes for girls, it said.
"Met Smt AnandiBen Patel, Hon CM Gujarat at Gandhinagar today," Irani tweeted while sharing her picture with the first woman Chief Minister of Gujarat.
Irani, who is a Rajya Sabha MP from Gujarat, also took part in another government event `Kanya Kelavani Yatra` (an event to encourage girls` education). She enrolled a group of girls in a primary school in Kudasan village near here.
"Sharing photographs of Shala Praveshotsav and Kanya Kelavani Mahotsav at Primary School, Kudasan, Gandhinagar," she tweeted while sharing some of her photos with school kids.
Irani, who visited Gujarat for the first time after becoming the Union Minister last month, later inaugurated a school in Kudasan.
The `Praveshotsav` initiative was started 12-years ago by then Chief Minister Narendra Modi and is celebrated every year across the state to increase school enrolment in government primary schools.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Tata Sons removes Cyrus Mistry as Chairman; Ratan Tata interim boss for 4 months