Three tribal women, one minor gangraped in Gujarat
Ahmedabad: Three tribal women and a minor girl working at a construction site of Narmada canal were allegedly gang-raped by about seven unidentified men at Viramgam near here, a police official said.
In the incident that took place late Friday night, cash and jewellery worth Rs 50,000 belonging to the victims, was also looted, police said.
According to police, members of four families, hailing from Garbada in Dahod district, were sleeping inside their temporary plastic tents near the construction site located about a kilometer away from Hansalpur village.
Between 11 pm and 12 am, around seven unidentified men came to the spot and woke up the sleeping persons, police said.
"The assailants then separated the males from women. They held the men and children hostage and intimidated them," police said.
Police said the men then raped the three women and a minor girl one by one some distance away from the tents. The accused also decamped with booty worth Rs 50,000, including Rs 30,000 in cash and silver jewellery worth Rs 20,000.
Deputy Superintendent of Police Girish Pandya said, "We have lodged an FIR and are investigating from all angles. We will get details about gangs which use such modus operandi within a day or two and proceed with further probe."
"Also, similar cases in neighbouring districts are being studied to zero in on the suspects. Villagers say this is the first such loot-cum-rape incident in the entire village. They have lent their support to the police investigation," Pandya said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31