Vadodara police probe threat call to builder from Pakistan
Vadodara: Police here have started
investigations into a complaint by local builder Arvind Jani
that he had received a threatening call from Pakistan
underworld in a land dispute case.
According to the complaint, Jani received the call on
May 18 from a number registered in Pakistan. The anonymous
caller asked him to settle the land dispute with Sandeep Gala,
an Ahmedabad-based builder, else he would face serious
Jani and Gala are at loggerheads over the title of a
plot in Thatlej area of Ahmedabad.
"We are verifying this call and investigating the
case," Police Commissioner Rakesh Asthana told agency today.
Jani, in the police complaint, said Gala was using all
types of tactics to compel him to settle the dispute.
The land`s title is in dispute over the power of
attorney given to another city builder, Kanti Patel, for its
development. It is alleged that the power of attorney is fake.
Kanti Patel`s daughter Dolly had met Gujarat DGP S S
Khandwavala in Ahmedabad a couple of months ago. She had
alleged that a police officer attached to the CID (Crime) had
demanded a bribe of Rs 1 crore from her father in connection
with the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed