Will urge my followers to vote for Narendra Modi: Baba Ramdev
Zee Media Bureau/Manisha Singh
Ahmedabad: Yoga Guru Baba Ramdev said on Monday that he would urge all his followers to vote for BJP`s prime ministerial candidate for 2014 General Elections, Narendra Modi, so that the BJP could get 300 seats.
Addressing the press here he said, “I would urge my followers to vote for Narendra Modi in the next Lok Sabha polls.” He also revealed that the Patanjali Yogpeeth Trust had sorted out a plan and that they would be mobilizing 50 crore voters across the country. This the Yoga Guru said was to ensure that the BJP could get 300 seats.
As per Baba Ramdev the work to mobilize the followers would begin from March 1. The trust would be organising yoga camps on March 23, the martyr day of Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev Thapar and Shivaram Rajguru, across the country. He said that around ten crore people would be participating in the camps.
He maintained that there was internal conflict within the Congress. He claimed that some Congress leaders had asked him for help in getting a BJP ticket.
At the same time he also posted the same sentiments on the micro-blogging site Twitter. Ramdev wrote - "A fractured mandate in 2014 means, Congress supporting a small fraction just 2 keep NaMo away. Let`s send NaMo to Parliament with 300+ MPs."
— swami ramdev (@yogrishiramdev) February 3, 2014
The Yoga Guru has been a strong supporter of the Gujarat Chief Minister and has publicly backed him to be the next PM of the country.
The BJP is attempting to come back to power in the Centre after a decade. On the other hand the Congress-led UPA is fighting a perception battle and has been besieged by allegations of scams, corruption, price rise and inflation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read