23-year-old married woman alleges rape in Jind
Jind: A 23-year-old married woman was allegedly raped in Morkhi village of Safidon subdivision in Jind, police said on Saturday.
The woman was raped while she was alone in her house on Friday, they said.
The accused identified as Sleem had threatened her of dire consequences if she told about the incident to any one, the woman said in her complaint.
The medical examination of the victim also confirmed that she was raped, police added.
A case of rape has been registered against Sleem, police said here. However, the accused was absconding.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- Coal India Limited's 66 coal mine projects facing delays
- Tax dept asks officers to suggest changes in direct tax laws
- RAW footage Caution: Speeding train runs over man as he lay on rail track – WATCH
- Ravichandran Ashwin, Shikhar Dhawan, Bhuvneshwar Kumar visit three-time NBA champions Miami Heat
- Tripura CM Manik Sarkar appeals to people to maintain peace, harmony