Abhay Chautala suffers bruises as stage collapses
Rohtak: Abhay Singh Chautala, MLA and son of former Haryana Chief Minister Om Prakash Chautala and six others escaped with minor bruises when a make-shift dais at a INLD party workers` rally collapsed here Friday evening.
The stage collapsed soon after Abhay took his seat on the dais at ground of old bus stand near National Highway 10.
The dais collapsed under the weight of several party functionaries who had joined Abhay.
Later, the programme organisers made arrangement for Abhay and other prominent INLD leaders at another dais that was set up for presenting cultural events to entertain the workers.
Abhay has been addressing the party workers in different parts of the state to boost their morale after conviction of his father Om Prakash Chautala and elder brother Ajay Singh Chautala in the JBT teachers recruitment scam by the CBI court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert