Abhay Chautala suffers bruises as stage collapses
Rohtak: Abhay Singh Chautala, MLA and son of former Haryana Chief Minister Om Prakash Chautala and six others escaped with minor bruises when a make-shift dais at a INLD party workers` rally collapsed here Friday evening.
The stage collapsed soon after Abhay took his seat on the dais at ground of old bus stand near National Highway 10.
The dais collapsed under the weight of several party functionaries who had joined Abhay.
Later, the programme organisers made arrangement for Abhay and other prominent INLD leaders at another dais that was set up for presenting cultural events to entertain the workers.
Abhay has been addressing the party workers in different parts of the state to boost their morale after conviction of his father Om Prakash Chautala and elder brother Ajay Singh Chautala in the JBT teachers recruitment scam by the CBI court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahi Imam meets PM Modi, demands innocent Muslims must not be harassed in name of fighting ISIS
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni: I allow bowlers to set the field in T20 cricket
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital