Alleged driver of BMW car moves court for bail
Gurgaon: In a new twist to the hit-and-run case involving a BMW car mowing down a pregnant woman, Rajesh, who allegedly drove the vehicle, on Saturday moved a court here seeking for anticipatory bail.
DCP (East) Maheshwar Dayal said while Rajesh sought the relief from the court, police investigation so far has not shown that he was at the wheels of the car at the time of the accident near IFFCO Chowk last week.
He said the court postponed the hearing on the bail plea for Monday.
He said Rajesh is the man whose name is being taken by the owner of the car Devender Sherawat right from the start. "He is related to the owner of the car and according to them he was driving", Dayal added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- New Zealand to keep trialling day-night first-class cricket
- Delhi sex racket busted: Girls confined in almirahs; forced to sleep with clients in cubicles
- SMASH HIT: Akshay Kumar's 'Rustom' is still ruling the Box Office! – Details inside
- Yogeshwar Dutt's Bronze to be upgraded to Silver: Virender Sehwag expresses excitement with HILARIOUS tweet
- Rahul Gandhi on three-day visit to Amethi from Wednesday