Alleged driver of BMW car moves court for bail
Gurgaon: In a new twist to the hit-and-run case involving a BMW car mowing down a pregnant woman, Rajesh, who allegedly drove the vehicle, on Saturday moved a court here seeking for anticipatory bail.
DCP (East) Maheshwar Dayal said while Rajesh sought the relief from the court, police investigation so far has not shown that he was at the wheels of the car at the time of the accident near IFFCO Chowk last week.
He said the court postponed the hearing on the bail plea for Monday.
He said Rajesh is the man whose name is being taken by the owner of the car Devender Sherawat right from the start. "He is related to the owner of the car and according to them he was driving", Dayal added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- 11 injured in blast in German city of Ansbach; suspected bomber killed in explosion
- Scoreboard: India vs West Indies, First Test
- Donald Trump threatens to leave WTO
- British PM Theresa May heads to N. Ireland for Brexit talks
- Rio Olympics: WADA 'disappointed' as IOC fails to ban Russia for mega event