Alleged driver of BMW car moves court for bail
Gurgaon: In a new twist to the hit-and-run case involving a BMW car mowing down a pregnant woman, Rajesh, who allegedly drove the vehicle, on Saturday moved a court here seeking for anticipatory bail.
DCP (East) Maheshwar Dayal said while Rajesh sought the relief from the court, police investigation so far has not shown that he was at the wheels of the car at the time of the accident near IFFCO Chowk last week.
He said the court postponed the hearing on the bail plea for Monday.
He said Rajesh is the man whose name is being taken by the owner of the car Devender Sherawat right from the start. "He is related to the owner of the car and according to them he was driving", Dayal added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Why so much hullabaloo over Aamir's statement, asks Nagma