Alleged driver of BMW car moves court for bail
Gurgaon: In a new twist to the hit-and-run case involving a BMW car mowing down a pregnant woman, Rajesh, who allegedly drove the vehicle, on Saturday moved a court here seeking for anticipatory bail.
DCP (East) Maheshwar Dayal said while Rajesh sought the relief from the court, police investigation so far has not shown that he was at the wheels of the car at the time of the accident near IFFCO Chowk last week.
He said the court postponed the hearing on the bail plea for Monday.
He said Rajesh is the man whose name is being taken by the owner of the car Devender Sherawat right from the start. "He is related to the owner of the car and according to them he was driving", Dayal added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation – Part II
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof