Army officer held for shooting wife
Gurgaon: An Army officer was Friday arrested here for shooting at his wife and two others after a tiff with her. Her condition was critical, police said.
Kuldeep Singh, 43, a subedar major posted at Rohtak in Haryana, fired two gunshots at wife Rajbala alias Raj, 39, at her parental house in Rajiv Nagar in Gurgaon.
The accused wanted her signatures on some documents but she declined to sign. He was to retire in the coming months and the papers were related to that, said a police officer.
The victim was living separately from her husband for nearly three years, police officer Satender Singh said.
Anil Kumar, 25, a relative of Rajbala and a medical student, and Ritesh, 22, a tenant in the area, were also injured in the attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Baba Ramdev's Patanjali enters big retail with Future Group tie-up
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?