CEC to review arrangements for Haryana polls
Chandigarh: Chief Election Commissioner, V S Sampath will visit the capital city tomorrow to review the arrangements for smooth conduct of Haryana Assembly polls, due in October.
Sampath, on a two-day visit, will be accompanied by other officials of the Election Commission, and will meet the recognised national and state political parties here on August 1.
He will also conduct meetings with Chief Secretary, Additional Chief Secretary (Home) and Director General of Police, Haryana, besides meeting other top officials of the civil and police administration, to review poll preparedness, an official statement said here today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!